Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Carol Of The (mostly) Bells {Episode 2}

     Carol Of The Bells isn't just another excuse to talk about the Muppets. It is also one of my favorite holiday songs. Big fan of a lot of the versions of this song. Many people like Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I have never really given them a fair shake but part of that is my lack of interest and a little bit of general apathy toward a bad that tours for only two months of the year. Rather we will have a rockin' violin version kick us off. These ladies can sing and although there seem to be parts of the song where she refuses to move her bowing elbow I have to give it up to someone who can dance around in heels and still fiddle like she does here.



     Another fun version is the dubstep or electro version. A few of my friends and coworkers really like dubstep. I am not as big a fan I prefer more ambient electronic music without the "drop" like the one at 0:45 in the video below.



     As promised the Muppets rock this track too. This time without Mr. Mile High. Animal up to some crazy antics and who knew Beeker had such an AMAZING voice?!?!!!



     Perhaps my favorite version displays some irony in that the origional version of this song was a Ukranian song about a bird welcoming in the new year. Here with the bird(and my) arch nemesis is Guster with the Carol Of The Meows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wich version of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas is your favorite?